Thats A Big Hole Innit?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Flagstaff
September 5th 2009
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 138 (Saturday 05/09/09, NJJ)
Slept well last night. Left campground by 10am. Saw the road formerly known as Route 666, that was the official road name until it was changed for the benefit of the superstitious. Left Monticello, passed by Mexican Hat (the town and rocks), into Navajo land and on to Monument Valley. Soon after the skies opened up and we pulled off the road for a bit. The weather cleared and once again it was hot and sunny. The land was pretty but as not as well run as it would be if it was managed by the National Park Service who do an exceptional job with the parks. We had to pay a fee to the Navajo to visit the main viewpoint in the valley. We travelled further west and saw thunder and lightening in the direction of the Grand Canyon West Rim but the storms had passed over bythe time we got to the Grand Canyon National Park. Our route was Desert View, Navajo Point, Lipan Point, Moran Point and Grandview Point. Left the park around 7.10pm for the 54 mile drive to Flagstaff, Arizona where we arrived around 8.30pm. It turned out the only campsite in Flagstaff was fully booked for Labour Day weekend. Had dinner at Ruby Tuesday then, finally after driving around at pricing different motels, we checked into the Carousel Inn on Route 66, cheap and clean.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb