The Mayor's a Cat!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
September 15th 2015
Published: September 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we said goodbye to the lovely Christy and her beautiful B&B and headed out on the road for the long drive to Denali. We were sad to leave a place where we had pancakes made specially for us, but were excited to move on to the next stage of our adventure.

Along the way we stopped for more food at a cool little restaurant called the Noisy Goose Cafe where they openly mocked people who used their "cellphones" when the waitress is at their table. It was fun, the food was great as usual and it Daisy got her first experience of eating a breakfast burrito.

A couple more hours into the trip we stopped at a town called Talkeetna. We were excited to finally make it here as the Mayor of the town is a cat named Stubbs! We had a tour of the museum which included an old school house and railroad station. We arrived quite late so didn't have time to explore all of the little shops but we did stop in the Denali Brewing Company bar. Daisy tried a variety of the different beers, but somehow missed the one which had a strength of 10%! I tried a cup of cheese beer soup and discovered I don't really like cheese beer soup, woe.

We then hit the road again and managed to have our first proper wildlife encounter, being a moose just strolling along by the side of the road, it didn't seem startled by the car at all so we were able to stay for a few minutes. We then had our first snow experience of the trip as we hit the final stretch of the drive and arrived our cabin at Denali Mountain Morning Hostel & Cabins. It was COLD and late so we dressed in 85 layers and hit the sack.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb