North to Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
May 30th 2015
Published: June 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Folks,

All is grand with us. We have just completed a mesmerizing journey on the Norwegian Jewel to Alaska. We left from Seattle and sailed to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, all in Alaska, then onto Victoria in British Columbia, returning 7 days later to our original Port.

Words cannot do justice to the magnificent scenery we saw , so hopefully our photos will.

We had an amazing week, filled with breathtaking scenery and adventures, including a whale watching tour and a canoe trip that allowed us to get up close and personal to a glacier. Again, words cannot describe the wonderment of not only seeing a glacier, but also hearing the thunder like sound, when a chunk of ice fell into the water creating an iceberg. Truly incredible!

Along with the gorgeous scenery we saw bald eagles, harbour seals, seal lions and some whales. Unfortunately, they are not yet in abundance in the Alaskian waters, so we were lucky to see a few.

We ate, drank and were very merry on our voyage, often partying to the wee hours with our new friends Bear and Kristin, who made our first cruise even more memorable.

From here, we will head South towards Las Vegas...but we won't be able to tell you about that...you know the saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", well maybe we can tell you some things!

So until then, we hope that you are all safe and happy,

The Jaytrippers x


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb