May In Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
November 4th 2009
Published: November 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What to Expect in May in Alaska

Babies! Everybody's having babies! Moose calves, bear cubs, lambs, the list goes on… Eagles, Swans, Geese, shore birds, Sandhill Cranes, Great Blue Herons along with hundreds of other birds are building nests.

Foliage is growing so fast, you can almost watch it. Literally a hillside that was barren in the morning can have a bright green sheen by late afternoon!

Snow will be receding, but will still be on the mountains and, in some places, come right down to the road.

Prices in May are more inexpensive than any other time except mid-September, so it's easier to accept that early in the month some of the visitor attractions are not open or open limited hours, and some of the new personnel are still learning the ropes, so help may take a little longer than later in the summer.

About 8 years ago, JoJo (my wife) and I spent the entire month of May down in Los Angeles. The entire time we were in LA it was warmer in Anchorage than it was in LA!!!!! Although the chances of having a brisk spring day are good in May, don't let someone scare you away from going to Alaska this month!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb