Alaska calling


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
August 23rd 2009
Published: September 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Alaska


This is the beginning of a 5 month trip from Anchorage, Alaska to Ushuaia in Argentina. Picked the trusted Beemer up from the Motorcycle shop in Anchorage. Thanx Keith. Our generous hosts Larry and Allan at Wildflower Inn in Anchorage have been fantastic! Definitely recommended for bikers and anyone who likes a homely stay.
We took our new toy for a trial run to Seward. Magic snow capped mountain vistas even in the rain!
Fist sight of Mt Mc Kinley in the rear mirror. Awesome. Daneli National Park was too busy to stay, but Daneli Hwy is highly recommended. A feast for the eyes. Good dirt if dry with the mountain ranges all along.
Helgas 'Off The Road Roadhouse' B&B made for a great retreat in the city of Tok.

Alaska is big, harsh and expensive, but has amazingly beautiful wide open spaces. People are very friendly. Indigineous problems resemble Australia. On feels very small in view of the grandeur of the landscape. Perhaps because Alaska constitutes the first part of our trip our memories are extremely positive. The weather was not in our favor - cold and raining a lot of the time which set the pace for no camping.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb