Denali State Park, AK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Byers LakeByers LakeByers Lake

It's a popular family campground with canoeing and kayaking a favorite activity.
Sunday, September 02, 2007 I got some cleaning done today. Yes the Cozy Turtle does need a vacuuming once in a while. I charge the hand held vac and shake out the little area rugs. It takes about 15 minutes. It’s amazing the little stones and crumbs that collect.
It was another lazy day as we wait to go to Denali NP tomorrow. It was cloudy and cool. The campground is full and this morning you could smell the bacon frying and I thought I even smelled maple syrup; made me hungry. The smell of wood smoke is always in the air. One thing we learned about Alaskan campers; they love camp fires. Every park you go to each site has a fire pit. Even sites along the road have a ring of stones in the dirt for a fire and it’s obvious they’ve been used. Maybe it keeps the bugs away. Of course the temperatures and low humidity are right for a fire.
We took a walk this afternoon. The colorful ground foliage and berries make interesting photos. Alaska has such an abundance of berries in the late summer and early fall and so many wild flowers in the summer.
Pretty LeavesPretty LeavesPretty Leaves

I'm attracted to the small pictures in the big scene.
Then there’s the multitude of fish that are available; it’s amazing. It seems that God provided Alaska such plenty during the summer months to make up for the cold, dark barren winter.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Devil Devil
Devil

Flowers in the summer. Inedible berries in the fall. They grow over 4 ft. tall and have large thorns, hence the name.
High Bush CranberryHigh Bush Cranberry
High Bush Cranberry

There's high bush cranberry late in the season and low bush cranberry early in the season. Both are edible.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb