Discover Alaska as a Perfect Holiday Destination


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
June 27th 2018
Published: June 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It is hard to describe how utterly magnificent Alaskan landscapes look. The only reasonable thing to do, if the region ever piqued your interest, is to pay it a visit as soon as you can. The moment its amazing countryside begins to unravel in front of your eyes, you’ll just realize how impossible it is to give them justice through text or photos. However, the excitement given by this corner of the planet has to be communicated somehow to the people around the world, and with that in mind, here’s what you should do to discover Alaska as a perfect holiday destination.

The coastline magnificence




The coastline of Alaska stretches out into infinity, and every nook and cranny, every bay and fjord, is a repository of natural beauty. The waves of the grand Pacific Ocean have sculpted the shore to appear like a mixture of Scandinavia and New Zealand, with enormous mountain peaks that seem to cut through the sky and glaciers that look like gleaming leviathan floods that have frozen in time. This is why so many people opt to come here via ships and cruise liners while enjoying a bit of whale watching. The magnificent beasts of the ocean are the highlight of Alaska’s ocean-bound tourism, and the sights of them are enjoyed across all generations.

The road trip of a lifetime




Alaskan roads are quite safe during the summer months, so if you are in the mood for a long and picturesque road trip, tackling an epic challenge such as Alcan Highway might be your cup of tea. The world-famous Alaska-Canada Highway begins as far back as Dawson Creek, British Columbia, but if you are by any chance from the US or beginning your trip there, this can end up being a truly long ride because it goes all the way to Delta Junction near Fairbanks. Still, for all the effort you’ll be treated with some of the most epic sights you can imagine. The nature can be particularly lush during summertime, and when the sun hits the sides of the mountain ranges that stretch into the distance, you’ll surely get goosebumps from the sheer immensity of wilderness in front of you.

Winter rail wonderland




Of course, if you are visiting Alaska during winter, you can still enjoy the tranquil experience of having those same impressive landscapes roll by in the comfortable safety of the utterly charming winter railway trip. It sounds like a type of tourist activity that has been phased out of popularity a long time ago, but you’ll be surprised. As a matter of fact, you can choose from the list of enticing Alaska winter rail packages that offer impeccable service and comfortable coaches. It’s a wonderful, meditative experience for all of you who enjoy a bit of tranquility and relaxation on their trips.

Head into the Alaskan Interior




Inland Alaska is a playground for adventurers. The vast and unforgiving terrain is overarched with captivating aurora borealis during the winter, and 24 hours of light during summer (more specifically, June). It is a home to the tallest peak in the entire North America – the 20,310 foot (6,190 m) tall Denali, formerly known as Mt. McKinley. As such, it is the third most prominent mountain peak in the world. The small city of Fairbanks is the central hub of this region and a gathering spot for avid adventurers who are ready to venture out into the wild. Denali National Park and Preserve is two hours away via car and it is a good starting spot for eager hikers. However, you should be forewarned – this is a sort of wilderness that is mostly suited for vacationers with some adventuring experience in the field.



Alaska is the final frontier for most globetrotting tourists. It is vast, challenging and untamed. It has thousand different faces for every season, and every season is abundant with enough surprises to make the visit worthwhile. This means you’ll hardly make a mistake no matter when you decide to visit Alaska, but in the case you are a newcomer, summer might be the perfect beginner’s season.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb