Friday 30th May


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Talkeetna
June 9th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday 30th May - Talkeetna

Up at 8.30am (very nie to slep in) had great fun tring to operate the shower, realy funny. Takes 2 kiwis to turn on an americn shower.

Had beakfast then off to Costco store, bought a chilli bag and some supplies for our trip north.Also got the Milepost a mile by mile guide to al the roads in Alaska.

Lunch at a great asian place, yummy fresh food. Picked up the car from Enterprise, got up graded to a Ford Explorer ($26 plus $23 insurance per day). Back to the house, then set out on our 2nd road trip.

Stopped in Talkeetna for the night. Had a picnic dinner in the centre of town (piece of grass) went for a walk. Talkeetna is a small place on a river bank, very rustic, mountaineers stop there before flying to climb Denali Mountain the highest in America.

Stayed at the 7 Trees Hostel ($80). Phoned the girls, was so nice to chat to Kate, the others were out so will call again tomorrow. Our room was 'Cottonwood' which was upstairs, the showers and loos downstairs, but this is a tourist town. Went to the Fairview Hotel which is a historic pub with a bear hide on the ceiling and 'plain local folk' , had a really fun time chatting to them. Then went across the road (all roads here except the highway are gravel) to the West Rib, still light as we headed for bed at 10.45, Mike tookphotos and didnt need the flash.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb