More Family Arrives


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Seward
June 7th 2007
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

North PoleNorth PoleNorth Pole

Santa was off today. We took our picture in his chair anyway!
Travels continue with a trip up to Fairbanks. The night we arrived, we went to a museum at UAF that was very interesting. The kids for the most part enjoyed thierselves. The museum had wildlife and Alaska history. The next day started out by visiting North Pole, AK. Santa takes Monday and Tuesday off to rest so we were not able to see him. We took pictures in his chair anyway!

That day we were determined to make it to a gold mine. We woke up to rainy weather but made a reservation at El Dorado Gold Mine anyway for that afternoon. It turned out to be wonderful. They took us on a small train ride and then demonstrated how to pan for gold. Breann ended up with about $22 worth and the rest of us ended up with about $18 worth each.

After gold mining, we went to a place called Pioneer Park. It had cute little shops, museums, a playground and a mini putt-putt place. The kids, of course, had to play a couple rounds! That night we at supper in a historcal restaurant called "The Pump House". The food was great!

Wednesday morning we
North Pole, AKNorth Pole, AKNorth Pole, AK

Carleton at the Santa Claus store.
woke up and headed back to Anchorage where we were to meet Beau's plane. He arrived around midnight, Alaska time.

We traveled today to Seward. The drive here was beautiful. The rain has been pretty steady today but we were able to take a ride around tour of the town. The weather is predicted to get better tomorrow. We are looking forward to tomorrows adventure.

With love to all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

North Pole, AKNorth Pole, AK
North Pole, AK

Breann at the Santa Claus store.
El DoradoEl Dorado
El Dorado

Gold mining at El Dorado.
El DoradoEl Dorado
El Dorado

Gold mining at El Dorado.
El DoradoEl Dorado
El Dorado

Mom and Dad panning for gold.
Pioneer ParkPioneer Park
Pioneer Park

Playing on the playground at Pioneer Park.
Pump House Pump House
Pump House

On the grounds at the Pump House Restaurant.
SewardSeward
Seward

In front of a waterfall in Seward


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb