Seward Continued


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Seward
June 11th 2007
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

PuffinPuffinPuffin

Puffin at the Alaska Sea Life center.
The rain continued to slowly fall in Seward on Saturday. This did not stop us from getting out and seeing a little more of the town. The town has an Alaska sea life center where we were able to see sea lions, seals, puffins, and other critters that roam the ocean floor. We made our way out to see Exit Glacier. Mom and dad had visited earlier on thier trip and were one of two families that were there at the time. It was about a 1/2 mile walk from the visiters center. Well worth it!

We left for Homer Sunday (6/10). Another pretty ride. We stopped briefly at another place mom and had already visited along the way called Ninilchik. We were amazed at how they take boats in and out of the water...with a skidder! Amazing to watch. This was the first place we really began to see the bald eagles. Mom has already posted one picture earlier of the eagles on the Ninilchik beach. Beautiful!

The campground we are staying in here in Homer is on a beach. The beach doesn't have the sand we have at home. The beaches are covered instead with millions
Exit GlacierExit GlacierExit Glacier

Standing next to Exit Glacier.
of good size rocks. The kids had a wonderful time exploring the rocks and gathering a few for the starting of a rock collection.

Carleton decided last night that he wanted to try his hand at fishing along what is know as the spit. He was going to bottom fish for flounder. Along the way to the spit today we saw a moose eatting a bush on the side of a busy road! Crazy! Carleton caught fish. Not flounder but 4 pollack instead. He threw them all back. Regardless, he was excited to catch anything.!

With love to all in GA!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Exit GlacierExit Glacier
Exit Glacier

Standing next to Exit Glacier.
Exit GlacierExit Glacier
Exit Glacier

Standing next to Exit Glacier.
NinlichikNinlichik
Ninlichik

Skidder getting boat out of water.
Homer Spit BeachHomer Spit Beach
Homer Spit Beach

Standing on Homer Spit Beach.
HomerHomer
Homer

Kids on a big rock at the campground beach.
HomerHomer
Homer

Carleton and Grampa fishing.
HomerHomer
Homer

Eagle in Homer.


12th June 2007

Hey Y'all!
Looks like y'all are staying really busy. I love reading the blogs and seeing all the amazing pictures your posting. Keep them coming. It does make me jealous that I'm not there. Alaska is absolutly beautiful! Ardith what is the name of the rib place in Memphis, TN? We are taking the kids to Graceland next week and Beau had mentioned a resturant there that is really good. Email me at hcochran@tds.net. Thanks Y'all have a wonderful time. Tell the kids hello.

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb