Moving to Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Kodiak
May 4th 2014
Published: May 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Just wanted to fill my friends in on my latest adventure. Planning on moving up to Alaska for the summer at least. Going to work on a fishing boat off the coast of Kodiak Island. I will be staying in an off-the-grid cabin with my cousin Jeb. My mom and I are driving there by way of Seattle and then through British Columbia. It looks like a pretty awesome drive with tons of things to see. Our Alaska Road Trip Itinerary starts in Seattle. We are renting an RV and plan on driving to Anchorage, which is about 2400 miles one-way. Obviously, it is going to take a few weeks to really enjoy the trip there. The first leg of our itinerary takes us from Seattle through Bellingham to Vancouver, British Columbia. For an incredibly scenic side trip, we were told to detour to Hwy 11 from Burlington to Bellingham. Not only will we look out over the San Juan Islands, this is where some of the most fertile farmland, orchards and vineyards in the Northwest are located. Next we will head north from Bellingham to Vancouver, BC. The most popular place to cross into Canada is the Peace Arch/Blaine Border Crossing. All travelers will need a passport to enter Canada. Thankfully, we have had ours for a few years now, so we are good on that front. I am still checking out maps and stuff, so will fill you in on more as we decide on the exact route we plan to take. Ciao for now.

Ian ;-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb