Alaskan Cruise - Day 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Ketchikan
August 27th 2009
Published: August 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Yesterday we went to Ketchikan. We rode on the Funicular railway. It was cool but not as exciting as we thought it would be. We then split into 2 groups (The "old timers" venue selections weren't as exciting as the guys wanted.) The guys decided to hike up Deer Mountain & Kay & I stayed in town. We walked to the Totem Heritage Center. Saw some incredible old Totem Poles. We then went to the Deer Mountain Tribal Hatchery & Eagle Center. A wonderful place that cares for injured bald eagles & hatches salmon to help supplement survival of this wonderful fish.

We had great weather yesterday. It was a cool clear day & we saw the most incredible sunset on the way to dinner. More tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

our shipour ship
our ship

Ownership of the ship is still safe with the cruisline. My luck hasn't improved any at the casino!


27th August 2009

Sounds like a wonderful time
So glad to hear that you are having a great time. Keep the pictures and blog coming we are really enjoying them. It was so thoughtful of the boys to send you flowers. What do you think of Alaska and the ship besides the casino?

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb