Ketchikan,Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Ketchikan
August 30th 2018
Published: August 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke to another day of clear blue skies with wisps of clouds. Everyone slept until 8:30 this morning. I went onto the back deck for my morning coffee in the sunshine as we cruised down the inlet toward Ketchikan. As we got closer, sea planes started buzzing the ship, almost like a welcome to Ketchikan and likely a little advertising for plane excursions! The Ruby Princess was already in port so we tied up further down the pier. Grandma and the kids came up for breakfast then the kids wanted to “wander around” on their own so off they went, checking in every so often....quite independent!

We left the ship about 10:30 as the kids were looking forward to disposing of the rest of their disposable income! Ketchikan is a small town, population of 800 except on Thursdays when the population is 15,800 with the arrival of 3 cruise ships. There were quite a few interesting shops in town and by comparison to the other ports, the prices were by far the best. Talia found a lovely journal with the title on the front...”S’More Thoughts”. She liked it because every page had a place for a title and of course “she loves journals”. She also found a polar bear stuffy that growled as well as an Alaskan Black Bear stuffy. Jack was also a discerning shopper, buying himself a very distinctive hat, an Alaskan jewel ? and a type of water mobile. Grandpa found a new Alaskan hat with Jack's help. Mine was much more traditional!

We returned to the ship for a late lunch then guess where grandpa and the kids went..........you're right......the pool! We stayed there until 5:15. Grandpa got cold and blue or they likely would still be there,

Last night our deck and our room was overcome with a stink that grandma said reminded her of rancid bacon. She got up at 5:00 am to go to guest services to complain. They apologized and said it would be taken care of immediately and it was. Later today we had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries ? and a bottle of wine ? delivered to our room with a nice card apologizing for the trouble.

The kids have just enjoyed their dinner in the room. They go to Club Hal at 7:00 to enjoy 45 minutes of video game time while we enjoy a nice dinner in the dining room. We will pick them up at 7:45 to head to the Main Stage show.....a magician that we are lol looking forward to seeing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb