Day37 -38 07/29 - 07/30/2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Kenai
August 22nd 2010
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we head back south through Anchorage to Kenai Penisula. We had to stop off in Wasilla for our Wal -Mart fix, and to once again look for Sarah. No luck on Sarah, but we picked up the needed supplies for the next few days.
We drove through some beautiful mountains along side the Kenai River, and some feeder streams. We chose the Beluga RV Park in the town of Kenai. It was very cramped parking but if it had not been cold and raining it would have been some nice scenery. It was at he end of the pinkies, a species of salmon and residents were allowed so many days of net fishing, and I have never seen so many people along the banks of a river in my entire lifetime. Faith, Barbara, Marcus and I decided to eat pizza for supper, and Leta and Shelby decided on Mickey D's.
Friday I cooked scrambled eggs with cheese, and sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. It was a nasty day out so the old folks decided to stay in for the day, plus Shelby was not feeling very well. Later found it to be some type of virus. The children, as Leta called them, went to the Kenai Wildlife Refuge to hike the Seven Lakes Trail, but did not do the entire trail due to the weather.
Tonight I barbequed ribs, and made potato salad, BBQ beans and garlic bread for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb