Rainy in Juneau


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Juneau
September 9th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Juneau, AKJuneau, AKJuneau, AK

Juneau at 7:00 a.m.
Pam, Mary and me were up and out in Juneau at 7:00 a.m. It wasn't really cold, just rainy. We wanted to get to Mendenhall Glacier, but the weather did not cooperate. So we wandered town looking for decent coffee. We found some and contemplated our day. We decided to shop for a bit then go to the Alaskan Museum. The shopping was great because everything was at least 50% off. This bargain shopper was very pleased! Then we hiked over the the museum. It really was a great museum. Well laid out and everything labled perfectly. Beautiful examples of Tlinget art and tools, costumes, etc. After the museum we went looking for lunch and beer. Found both in abundance. Alaskan Beer is very good. I really liked the pale ale, which is unusual for me. Then we just HAD to have the Russian dumplings at this little dumpy Russian cafe. They were GREAT! We were to be aboard the ship by 5:00 p.m. so we had time for one more beer. We didn't sail until after midnight because we waited on two passengers who had missed their flight to Juneau. Frustrating, but nice to know that a small ship can do that sort of thing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Yorktown ClipperYorktown Clipper
Yorktown Clipper

First look at the ship


1st October 2006

Questions
How many people did the ship hold? I am sure you will tell more about the weather, but did it rain everyday? The russian dumplings, were they filled with pork? Believe it or not, those come filled with just about anything and everything and if there are no pictures on the label, I am sol and just take my chances. I really like the pork filled ones boiled with a bay leaf and then add my own spicy mustard.

Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb