GUEST BLOGGER, Steven-HEALY, ALASKA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Healy
July 12th 2013
Published: July 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today I am the designated guest blogger. Its the end of another long day traveling through Alaska. Today the six of us went white water rafting on the Nenana River. Some of us were a little hesitant, but all agreed it was great. Tomorrow its a 6:30 breakfast and of to Denali National Park. First a stop at "Subway" for A boxed lunch. Yes, Subway. It is recommended that we bring lunch. So far the trip has been great. Its hard to believe that we are in Alaska. Since it is Friday, it seems that the trip is winding down. We fly home on Monday. From being among glaciers in the rain and on the water and now in the sunshine and warmth, shows the contrasts we are experiencing on our trip . The six of us traveling together has had some very funny moments and also times of crankiness. They say that the stomach is the second brain. All of us will agree that when we get home and probably go out to dinner together, it will be a night of laughter. Highlights have been our stay in Homer, Alaska staying at the Driftwood Inn, where we had dinner in, Marilyn grilling salmon and sweet potatoes. Taking the Fjord tour seeing glaciers where the bow of the boat seemed to touch the glacier, seeing whales, birds, seals etc. During the first couple of days, we had seen so many glaciers, we would just say "another dam glacier". I could go on and on about our trip , but its time for sleep, 9:45 and the sun is still out if it was noon. Good night from Healy, Alaska!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb