Fairbanks and beyond


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Fairbanks
July 27th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a nice change from being stuck in Dawson! The Emmert's have taken such wonderful care of us, they are some of the best hosts you'll ever meet. They feed us well, we have good times of talking and fellowship, and we have the privacy of one of the sections in their house. It is really a neat setup. There is one main common area in the house, and there are 3 other separate sections. We've got one, their son and his family have another, and Duane and Linda have their own. The separate sections are all built around the common area. It is a different design that I have ever seen, but I really like it! Plus they have a nice view of the city and the mountains (when visibility is good enough).

This morning we're headed to the post office to send some stuff home. I don't have a lot of extra stuff that I'm not using, but any extra space in my bags is nice. It makes things lighter and easier to pack. We'll be on the way to Coldfoot today, where we will camp tonight. It is only 250 miles, so it will be an easy day. On the way we are crossing the Arctic Circle! That will be another big check on the trip list.

We will be back with the Emmert's Wednesday night.

Time to pack, and off we go!

Advertisement



28th July 2009

hi Mike I read your Blog.Glad youre having a good time.Take care ,Sharon.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb