Dark & Cold


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Fairbanks
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dark & Cold. The weather of Fairbanks does not provide much motivation to do anything at all. Our rumbling stomachs, however, got us out of the hotel.

Glenn writes: I want food. Now. And “Brittana” says let’s go to McDonalds. I argued profusely. “No way, McDonalds is bad for you,” but being as stubborn as she is, she forced me to go to McDonalds. We went to the North Pole’s McDonalds. The light poles are like candy canes—red and white stripes. Everything is red and green…seats on swing sets and all.

Santa must live here. We finally found Santa’s House. Although it wasn’t difficult; it was on St. Nicolas Dr. Who woulda guessed? (McDonalds was on Santa Claus Lane, too). I went to Santa’s House. I’ve seen Rudolph. Not much to write about. We took photos and left because, as Brittana said, Santa is on vacation with Mrs. Claus.

Brittana writes: After dinner at the Pump House, Glenn & I became Aurora Borealis hunters. Glenn pronounces it “Bore-eeee-Alice.” We drove about an hour outside of Fairbanks because the city lights were so strong. Finally we found a scenic pull-out to park in. We pulled out the sleeping bag
Christmas in MarchChristmas in MarchChristmas in March

Brittana loving every minute of Santa's House.
to keep warm, rolled down all the windows (of course including the sun roof) and watched the green shimmers fade and strengthen as it danced across the night sky. The colors never grew stronger than a pale green, but it still shimmered and Glenn can now say he has seen the Northern Lights.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Glenn meets YogiGlenn meets Yogi
Glenn meets Yogi

At the Pump House Glenn got an up-close look at a Grizzly Bear.
Auroa Bore-eeee-aliceAuroa Bore-eeee-alice
Auroa Bore-eeee-alice

Our view of the Northern Lights. Altered so that you can see the green.


Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb