Float Plane Ride


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Fairbanks
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ted's Uncle Ron, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tonni have arrived! We're all staying together in downtown Fairbanks and the days have been filled with exciting adventures. We were fortunate enough to experience a float plane ride, along the Yukon Flats and river beds surrounding Fairbanks. The plane takes off and lands from the water. From 100 feet in the air, we were able to spot dozens of moose hanging out in the swampy waters below. We were a half hour into our flight when our pilot informed us that we were going to turn back and take an alternate route home, because there was a storm brewing in the distance. He had spotted some lightning and apparently, small planes and lightning do not agree! As we made our way back, the storm quickly worsened. There was lightning all around us and it was one bumpy ride!! To our credit, both barf bags went un-used. We landed in the pouring rain and shakily made our way back to solid ground. It was a great way to get the adrenaline pumping and prepare us for another plane ride the following day... to the Artic Circle!!!! Stay tuned......


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



3rd July 2007

the blog
Love this blog. It is absolutely fabulous to be able to go along on this adventure with you day by day. The pics are great. Be careful. Love ya.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb