Day 40 - July 25, 2010 - Palmer, AK to Denali, AK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Denali
July 25th 2010
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Temps - in 50s during the day and 40s at night. We headed out in the rain today towards Healy, AK. Had to stop for Jack's "Wal-Mart fix" before really hitting the road :-). We fueled up for what was a very boring ride in the rain and low overcast. Not a lot to see except low, very low clouds until we get close to Denali and then the views of the mountains were pretty. While at Wal-Mart we found that the Denali Rainbow RV Park was the only one with full hookups that had openings so that is where we are going. Got to the park, the views of the area around the RV park is really great, but would only recommend this park if full hookup was really necessary!! The park is a gravel lot located behind a strip mall of sorts in Denali. All the full hookups are backed up to the buildings in the mall. Going to take a couple of days to look around this area, so this will be ok.
It amazes me that all these shops, motels, and all are only open from May to September then are boarded up for the remaining months of the year. A truck driver told me that he delivers some 50 pallets of goods per week to the shops next to the park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

HPIM3746HPIM3746
HPIM3746

A little tight here, huh?
HPIM3757HPIM3757
HPIM3757

View of the motorhome from the boardwalk of the strip mall


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb