Dax Denali


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Denali
July 21st 2010
Published: July 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got an awesome RV! It’s actually pretty big. Jaden and I get to sleep over the driver’s seat. Blaze sleeps on the pull-out coach. It’s really hard to sleep because it stays light for a really long time. People say that it will get dark at some point of day. So our dad tried to stay up until it gets dark but, he couldn’t stay awake past 11:30. When its 11:30 in Alaska it is 1:30am in Colorado. But even at 11:30 Alaska time, it was still light as day. So we don’t believe that it gets dark in the summer in Alaska. Alaska is 2 hours behind Colorado time. In the winter in Alaska it’s never really light. It’s only dim at noon. All the rest of the day it is pitch black. We are spending 8 days on the RV. We have limited food and water. We stayed in Denali National Park and Animal Reserve for three days and we are leaving today to go to Seward. Denali was really cool because people weren’t allowed pass a certain part unless you were camping like us. So there were very few people. The best part about Denali was all the wild life. We saw are first bear ever. The first one was just walking up a hill until he saw us, then he ran away. But it was still cool because he was white. But the second bears that we saw were right next to the bus that we were riding. There was a Momma bear and two cubs. One cub was white and the other was brown. They were really cute and small. We saw the cubs fallowing their mother around and picking berries. What I thought was really cute was when the mother started walking away the brown bear fallowed while the white one was just sitting there still picking berries for a while. After a little bit the white bear saw his mother going away and stood up with his hind legs and ran as fast as he could to his mother. He fell over a couple of time but eventually got to his mother. We also saw lots of Caribou on the way. Also up in the mountains you could see lots big horn sheep. All in all, it was a lot of fun seeing all of that wild life and camping in the RV.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb