Trapper Creek, AK to Denali NP


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Awoke to a bright sunny morning. Took Mo for a walk first thing and could see Denali from the Highway - - quickly got the camera and took a few shots. Hard to get good shots with clouds behind the mountain - - but it was spectacular (especially at 6:30 AM) We stopped at WalMikes just up the road from the campground - - what a neat place. He had a little bit of just about everything. We headed on up the highway and stopped at the South Mountain View overlook in Denali State Park - - got a couple shots of Denali (Couldn't see the top) Had another moose and her calf run across the road in front us today. Didn't get a picture. The only critter pricture we got today was of a very calm sea gull that was standing in a turnout on the Denali Park road. I slid open the side door of the van to take photos and he just stood there looking at me. Gena, Charlie and Keery are going to take the Shuttle Bus out to Wonder Lake tomorrow (leaves at 9:15 and is supposed to last 11 hours) I'll take them over in Kerry's van and then I'll stay in camp with Mo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

DenaliDenali
Denali

Taken on the move from the Parks Highway
Mt Foraker 17400 FTMt Foraker 17400 FT
Mt Foraker 17400 FT

It is 45.5 miles away from viewpoint and behind Mt Tokosha 5950 ft only 14.5 miles away
Hurricane Gulch BridgeHurricane Gulch Bridge
Hurricane Gulch Bridge

260 ft above the creek below
Jonathan Livingston SeagullJonathan Livingston Seagull
Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Taken on th Park road in Denali NP


Tot: 0.427s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb