arctic ocean frolicking


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Barrow
December 1st 2005
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hi all,

some of you are aware that i decided to once again head to the great white north, even further north than previously . this time i find myself in 'barrow', ak. it is on the arctic ocean and is the northernmost city in north america. some canadian cities are further north but they are on islands.

today warmed up to a balmy 2 degrees above 0 (with a windchill of 18 below) so i decided i'd head out for a walkabout. well i kept it short, out one door and in the other about 25 yards away. that was far enough, considering my hatless, and jacketless state. i just wasn't as bold as i was on sunday when my buddy jerry took me to see the 'palm trees'. these are poles with whale baleen on top so that they resemble PALMS, of course. we took photos but i will have to wait to get them developed, i'll be sure to send them on. i also hope to send photos of polar bears. i will try this weekend to see them in the wild.

happy winter solstice to all. oh that reminds me. the sun won't rise above the horizon again until 23 jan but we are getting a short few hours of twilight each day. take care and stay warm.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.6s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 70; dbt: 0.207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb