Anchorage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
July 16th 2016
Published: July 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The last three days have been busy ones. We took the free shuttle into Anchorage and wandered around for a while. We have dinner reservations at the Bridge, a restaurant we discovered last time we were here and has the freshest King Crab ever. We ended up at Humpy's, a saloon/tavern/restaurant and ordered our favorite Alaskan beer, Kodiak Brown. Either the formula has changed or our tastes buds, but it was not nearly as good as we remembered.



Nothing else attracted us so we made our way slowly to Ship's Creek and the restaurant. We were too early to be seated but we watched the fisher people for a while. We saw one man with two large salmon but never did see a salmon caught.



When we were seated by the window and waiting for our crab I had the Columbia Crest Chardonnay and really liked it. Joe had a taste and he liked it too. We ordered a pound of crab each and it was as fresh as it could be without eating it on board the crab boat. The Bridge is still has the best King Crab ever. Completely satisfied we headed back to the ship and tumbled into bed.



I awoke at 11:20 pm to the most wonderful sunset. The sky was striped blue and pink and the colors were reflected in the water. Woke up again at midnight and the sunset was now a dramatic grey and gold and red. Dozed again and woke at 1:00am and the sky was still colored with the remnants of the spectacular sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb