In Anchorage.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
August 3rd 2010
Published: August 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok folks,

sop i made it to Anchorage today with the bike not getting any louder as far as the rattle is concerned. I camped at McKinley village in Denali Park last night annd was packed and on the road by 7:15. It's actually a very long tree lined drive all the way toAnchorage pretty much so I didn't really stop to photograph anything.....sorry.
I have put up some photos of the campsite in Anchorage though. Purely because Anchorage Harley Davidson are a good bunch of people and offer a small campsite out the back of their shop for free as well as a bathroom and shower.
Right next door is Alaska Rider Tours run by Phil and his crew who are also the best bunch of people you'd wish to meet! They're on Spenard Street if you're in the vicinity.
I swung by "The Motorcycle Shop" (BMW dealers in Anchorage) today and they're closed until 10am tomorrow. I did get to speak with Nancy, the wife of the manager there ....she was washing down rental bikes in preparation for tomorrow. Again, if you're on a motorcycle, pay all of these shops a visit as I've never known hospitality that will come close to what all these shops offer!
Anyway, Tomorrow's another day, maybe the bike will get de-rattled soon! Still missing you Adam. By the way I had NO IDEA that it was your birthday a few days ago! You kept that quiet you sneaky devil!
Many happy returns mate.

regards to you all,

Nevil


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



5th August 2010

A rattle free front end
Dear Mr.Stow If you had purchased our Harley Enduro 650 Dakar soft tail model then you wouldnt have to worry about any rattles and our factory nobblies last forever. How's that blood pressure now.....

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb