Mobile Alabama


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
September 18th 2015
Published: September 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Nice short day on the water today as we only had 52 miles to go to reach Mobile Alabama.

We are out of the rivers and into bigger water on Mobile Bay. We are making a much needed stop at Dog River Marina tomorrow. Today we are anchored in Dog River watching the birds and the small fishing boats fly by. Not going for a swim as this particular spot is called Alligator Bayou. Not fussy about these creatures not to mention this is now salt water so no bathing in the water anymore.

The Pelicans and Dolphins will replace our menagerie of birds, we saw some coming into the bay. Luckily it was a calm day because Mobile Bay can get nasty. The wind did come up but we were already anchored for the night.

Mobile is a major port with container ships, military battleships and of course barges and tows. It was relatively quiet when we went through. The Alabama battleship is supposed to be dock here but we didn’t see it.

No mosquitoes here so we sat on the sun deck late into the evening listening to music and boat watching, the warmest evening yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb