Capture and Share beach memories


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
August 15th 2008
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There is so much to keep track of on a family excursion that it can be tempting to leave behind the camera gear. With the chances of dropping something in the Gulf, losing something in the sand or leaving something behind, perhaps it is a good idea to leave your quality camera at home.
What, you ask? Take the tykes to the beach and not take a camera? Impossible.
Well, you can get the best of both world - lasting memories without the worry of ruining your camera.
On your way to the Alabama Gulf Coast, stop in to a retailer in Gulf Shores or in Orange Beach and check out the array of disposable cameras. The technology has come a long way, and there are styles designed to be waterproof. You can even find disposable video cameras.
For a souvenir the entire family can enjoy making, get a camera for each person. Collect them all at day's end and have double prints made. Each person can put his or her prints in a personal album (there are hundreds of styles to choose from at shops along the Alabama Gulf Coast), plus there will be a set for a family album.
Then, have each person choose a favorite to submit to www.thebeachiscalling.org. From the home page, scroll over the Photos & Fun button and look for “Visitor Favorite Photos” in the drop-down menu. Follow the link for a form to submit photos for consideration.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb