playa del carmen


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
November 8th 2014
Published: November 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

IMG_4191~2IMG_4191~2IMG_4191~2

Us at the chichen itza
For the past week we stayed in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. The day we left the Uk was by far the most eventful..and by this,I mean seriously stressful! Due to an accident on the M25 and also a short time between the flights, we nearly missed both flights. On top of that, Miami International insist that you claim your luggage,go through customs and recheck it back in, which added to the time pressure, and it was at this point, when I was dragging my rucksack on the floor through the airport , I realized my bag was far too heavy for me. Luckily we managed to get the bags to the correct depot, run through the airport and made the flight just intime. Unfortunately, Ross' bag was not as lucky,but thankfully it arrived the next day.

The rest of the week was very restful..much needed after a hectic three weeks packing up Ross' place, getting our crates shipped to aus and wedding planning.We spent a lot of time on the beach;swimming,going for walks and lazing around. Ross got his tan on,while I was doing my best to keep it off. While others were rotating to even out their tan, I
IMG_4182IMG_4182IMG_4182

The platform to display the skulls of the sacrificed at the chichen itza
was changing position to keep under the shade of the umbrella. It's safe to say that despite my best efforts, I'm clearly fighting a losing battle, and should resign myself to wedding photos of Ross with a small dark figure next to him, bearing only eyes and teeth! (Having read this, Ross input:"we may need to get you some whitening tooth paste")

On day 3 we went to see the Chichen Itza,the reason for our detour here before South America. It was a 13 hr day,where in the morning we went swimming in a Cenote (an underground lake)..pretty cool!,before heading over to the site. Chichen Itza is thought to be one of the (if not THE)largest city during the Mayan Civilizations.Although a lot had been destroyed since the arrival of the Spanish and over time, some of the architecture is still standing.It was amazing to see considering they were created over a thousand years ago, without the technology we have today.You can definitely understand why it is one of the new world wonders!

Tomorrow we fly to Lima, before we commence a journey across Peru, through Huachahina, Arequipa and Lake Titicaca,to Bolivia.Let the adventures commence!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb