the B-line for the states


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
May 5th 2010
Published: May 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Leon (finally) on april 28th, only to turn around and head back to the mechanics. We we sputtering a bit and didn’t want to end up broken down in Honduras. All they could figure out was that we probably needed new spark plugs, and that there wern’t any in Nico, so we had better get ourselves to Mexico. That is just what we did.

The next morning we once again left leon, thankfully for the last time. To our surprise this time the Nicaraguan border was much worse that Honduras, no doubt due to the $50 multa (fine) we incurred for going one day late on our vehicle permit. We were in and out of Honduras without a problem, found a nice place to stay near the beach in El Salvador owned by an artisan. Continuing up the crazy roads of Guatamala the rain was becoming more and more intense, as it rained longer every day. We were happy to finally find our way into Mexico, where the rain ceased, and it began to cool down at night, giving us our much desired repreve from the heat.

Once in Mexico we drove for most of the daylight hours, stoping for some delicious mexican food, fresh roadside pinapples, and of course and oil change and our spark plugs.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

spark plugs old vs newspark plugs old vs new
spark plugs old vs new

we replaced them before we left, but they obviously took a beating.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb