Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
January 13th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our first venture to Mexico was to a town just across the border from Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in Arizona. It was a little border town called Sonoyta. We went off the main roads and found a little Tacqeria called "Es Bueno" (It's Good). A mother and her son were working, but spoke just as good English as we spoke Spanish so we had an interested time learning how to eat everything. We ended up with beef and cheese quesadillas.
On our second venture south of the border, we went to the resort town of Cabo San Lucas at the bottom of Baja California. We were there with Jen and Russ, Greg and Shilin, and Jess' aunt Agnes and Uncle Kevin from Boston (and here's something surprising - we found the Boston accent and the Australian accent have a lot in common!) It was warm and sunny and the beach was right at our doorstep - who could ask for more? We practised our Spanish and perfected "No dinero, lo siento." as everyone was trying to sell us something. We had frozen margaritas at the swim up bar while playing spanish bingo and winning more free drinks! We toured the bay by jet ski and then saw it a little slower the next day with a kayak trip out to Land's End. Life was pretty cruisy in Cabo!

Advertisement



21st January 2008

:-)
good times, good times! It is a shame you guys couldn't stay longer!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb