IM HERE!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well i have arrived and have enjoyed a whirlwind of experiences over the past 2 days. Its hartd to descibre just how different it is out here. Meixco city where i spent my first night wasnt as different just alot more vibrant and busy but in more of an indian way rather than london busy. In Mexico CIty i went to see the ruins of an ancient temple which were good if not a little creepy(pictures to come i just left me cable back at the hotel). Next we went to the Cathedral and it is one of the most beautiful buildings i have ever seen in my life if was fillled with gold statues and as you walked in the door you were hit with a huge sense of calm and higher presense. It was filled with people praying eventhough there was no servise unlike any other church i have been to. Although i was permitted to take photos i didnt as it didnt feel apporpriate to interupt on so many peoples prayers and felt a little disrespectful.

After the Cathedral we went to the open air market which was filled with a sense of national pride... its September which is the month of their independence day (september 15th) so their are flags everywhere on the sides of buildings everything and loads of jewellery sporting the colours of the mexican flag and things like that. Then we headed to the bus station to get a bus to Tula which is about 2 hours away from Mexico City and the home of my host at the moment Jose Louis who is lovely and friendly and has a lovely family also....his two little girls especially and incredibly cute!

Today we went to the ancient pyramids which Tula is famous for and they were extremely impressive (again photos to come) and it w2asnt until today that the MExican heat really hit us as it was overcast yesturday. This afternoon is just a chill out afternoon for us before the canadian volunteers and i go our seperate ways. I get on well with both tha canadian girls which is good and theyr alot closer to me than we anticipated (about 4 hours) so we´re planning ot meet up quite a bit over the next 5 months.

On a more general note i have been EXTREMELY unlucky on the food front and made some bum choises.....i HATE mole which is a type of sause which is very common here and they have a very odd concept of breakfast (everything is either extremely sweet or extremely spicy!! We also get treated like celebrities as we are white...we are stared at alot in the street and have been asked to have picture with people which is extremely odd!

I have a meixcan mobile now so if you want to get in touch then my number is 7731559673 (not sure what the mexican code is tho) much love to all as that is all i have to say now. xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb