Still in los Barriles......


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
March 9th 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are still here in los Barriles and enjoying the beach and the sun here. We have really grown fond of this little fishing village in spite of the washboard roads and the dust. We really like how some of the RV park residents have built little palapa houses around their camper. There are some very elaborate ones with open living rooms and kitchens outside of the RV. Others just provide cover for the RV.

Today we watched 2 trucks get stuck in the sand. The first one got stuck pulling out a boat and the truck that tried to pull out that truck then got stuck. These guys really give their vehicles the treatment! So, then after they are just about all the way off the beach, there was this big "thud"--the tire fell off the boat trailer. We left after that and did not see the outcome.

Mike still goes to the little grocery store and asks for the USA Today newspaper and the grocer keeps telling him that it is "late". Still not in after a wk! LOL.

So here are some pics of the area.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Just down from the Hotel Los BarrilesJust down from the Hotel Los Barriles
Just down from the Hotel Los Barriles

....is the laundry house. There are about 2 washers and 2 dryers!
Paradise CafeParadise Cafe
Paradise Cafe

Down the street a bit farther on the opposite side of the street is this nice little restaurant run by an American. Next to the cafe is an office that specializes in faxes, copies and internet! Quite cosmopolitan, eh?
Main Street MarketMain Street Market
Main Street Market

The family Fayla has a monopoly on things here. They also run the commercial center just as you enter town. It rents little booths to the local artisans.
Local artists poseLocal artists pose
Local artists pose

Walking down the street these guys asked me to take their photo!
Palapa HousePalapa House
Palapa House

Here is a very elaborate palapa house built around a 5th wheel RV
Cattle GateCattle Gate
Cattle Gate

I couldn't figure out why they had these annoying grates at the entrances of parks and hotels--they are to keep the wantering cattle out!!
East Cape RV Park East Cape RV Park
East Cape RV Park

Another nice new park just down the street from this RV park
This is the palapa/RV next to us hereThis is the palapa/RV next to us here
This is the palapa/RV next to us here

This one has a bathroom and workroom built in the front of the structure and another storage area at the rear


9th March 2007

palapa
so where is your palapa? tell mike he needs to get busy. those are cool.

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb