Day of the Dead


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Veracruz
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day Of the Dead ..





http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Mexicoweb/factfile/Unique-facts-Mexico16.htm
Have you ever been to Mexico? Most beautiful place ever; however, when you go during their special holidays it is so unique. November 1st and 2nd are the best days to visit. It is be cause of "Dias De Los Muertos", which means day of the dead. Day of the dead is a day when Mexico celebrates everybody who has lost someone special to them. It is such an amazing day because many families paint half of there face into a skull. There is also a tradition that families make skull candies. The skull candies represent the people who had past, but depends on the size. The bigger skulls represent adults and the little ones represent the children who passed. Not only that but they have two days because of two celebrations, "The souls of children are believed to return first on November 1, with adult spirits following on November 2" ( Shepard software).

This began 3,000 years ago because of the Aztecs. This symbolize death and rebirth. Families make the family members favorite food, drinks, and decorate there graves. The reason why families do this is because they believe all of this will visit there soul. Other families built altars representing there graves and the decorations will still visit there souls. This day is celebrated from 5am to 12pm. This tradtion has spread around the world, especially celebrating the day of the dead by running a marathon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb