A soothing place for jangled nerves


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa
January 3rd 2014
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.293, -108.514

We left Alamos this morning (driving on the street still under construction if you remember) and headed south to Las Glorias.
Any glory she had has faded considerably as the hotel/RV park is barely hanging on. But for anyone tired of glitz and noise, this is as restful as it gets.
Ocean waves to lull you and a quiet sky crowded with stars, this is an easy one to love. We had the whole place to ourselves. No one in the hotel, no other campers, no diners at the restaurant, not a soul in the pristine pool---it was all ours.
Course, that could have something to do with the road in. The map shows 32 kilometers, but actually? More like 1 1/2 hours on a two lane shared with horses, herds of cattle and innumerable chuckholes.
When we finally reached the little village of Las Glorias tall Bob's GPS gave up and we had to rely on the guy on the street who, in Mexico, is especially happy to help. His helpfulness sometimes falls a little short of his enthusiasm though, as we found ourselves going down a sort-of road on the beach.
Right--on the beach. Us. Driving a motorhome through sand. No problem tall Bob tells us. I knew you could do it.
But for $12US a night, I don't think it can be beat.
We walked down the beach crunching shells with every footfall. There were millions of them. We watched fishermen where a river flows in, then later sat in the thatched roof restaurant watching the sun set as we ate dinner with the entire staff at our disposal.
Course, when you're in a place rarely used you can't actually expect everything to work perfectly--like hot water in the showers. Or any water, really. Short Bob and I did fine that night, but the next morning tall Bob reported not only no hot water but no water at all. Not in the showers or the sinks--they hadn't turned on the water pumps yet. Oh well.
Remember TIM. This Is Mexico.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



7th January 2014

Glad to see you are making progress. I know Las Glorias was a hot spot in it's heyday but that day has clearly passed.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb