parasailing is the shizit.....as is kayaking....and go karting......and hiking to a light house


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
September 26th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well its been a pretty random week but i've done a lot of things i've never done before so it was a good one. we got back from guadalajara on Tuesday me heather ilona jason and carlos all went for supper at a really good restaurant here called panama. it was fun. it was weird how much i missed jason and carlos after just a few days.
wednesday it was back to school which was kind of a shock but i survived. me heather jason alyssa (jasons roomie) and mauricio (a mexican who plays basketball with jason) went out for a drunk at the plaza machado. The we stopped over at one of the exchange students apartments in the golden zone for a surprise birthday party for a girl from Germany. almost all of us were there and it was so squishy and hard to keep quiet but we did it and she was extremely surprised. it was a fun time. then we met up with carlos and ilona for a movie. jason left on thursday morning for a big basketball tournament called Intercampus games. all the sports teams from the school went to the state of Guanajuato for it. its between the Tec campuses around the country. Mazatlan didn't do too well but apparently they put up a good fight. the guys basketball team got third....out of four....kind of reminds me of high school.
anyways, then on thursday night me and heather and ilona went to jungle juice for free drinks for the ladies and then ended up wandering around the golden zone for a few hours. we went to another bar called latitude but there was no where to sit except reserved tables so we stole one and told the waiters we were part of "David Brito's" party.....don't ask me how i remember the name of the guy. so we hung out there for a while and then searched everywhere for tacos. seriously, when your not looking for them they are EVERYWHERE but all we could find was hotdogs for about an hour.
friday night me ilona heather and cam hiked el faro (the lighthouse). it wasn't a very hard hike but it was so pretty. we were up at the top for the sunset so it was great. afterwards we all had to go shower because we were literally dripping with sweat it was so damn hot then we met up with carlos at the plaza for 3 for 25 peso beer and then went to the coolest shisha bar EVER and smoked the hookah (not really sure how to spell that stuff so that was basically a guess....a good guess if i might add).
then me heather ilona and carlos went to bora bora which was fun for a while but ended pretty early.
saturday we headed to the beach where me and heather went parasailing. it was SO AWESOME. we got them down to 22 dollars each which was totally worth it. heather took her camera up with her but i haven't got the pictures yet so i will post them when i do. it was relaly cool to see the top view of mazatlan and it was so clear you could see the mountains and everything. i'm definately forcing whoever comes to visit me to do it because its worth the moolah.
then on saturday night some exchange students who rent an apartment in a hotel had a huge pool party and BBQ at the hotel. it was so fun. there was even beer pong. a few people got pushed in the pool with cell phones on them and such which caused a little friction but otherwise everyone had a good time. afterwards me and carlos heather ilona and few others went to sr frogs where we all danced like idiots....well mostly me......i actually took the mexico decorations off the wall and started wearing them as scarves and such......it was great. heather taught me how to salsa and i was being a machine. we were all feeling pretty sociable and apparently i introduced myself to a group of 5 guys who were gay and i didn't realize it and they all started licking their lips and winking at carlos so him and heather had to run to the bathrooms for cover. i was oblivious.
after frogs we headed to bora bora again which was great. we met cam there and the five of us did not leave the dance floor for about 3 hours. carlos and cam were doing the running man for about an hour straight. we were all literally dancing so funny and out of control that the other people on the dance floor (bora bora is a relaly crowded and packed place) made a circle around us. in all the pictures you can see everyone behind us watching us. it was the funnest night i've had in mazatlan so far.
then we dropped off cam who left his cell phone in carlos' car.....so we dropped off ilona and me and heather an carlos went to give cam his phone back and we drove down his street and it was so random. i got out and yelled his name at his window and i hear "YA?" from about 5 blocks back. he was just walking down the street carrying a bag of chips and a coke and he coldn't remember where they came from. it was so funny. anyways so we got him back his phone and then me and heather went to carlos' to watch old school but when we got there we realized it was already 6am so we all just passed out.
on sunday we didn't do anything except sleep and watch the entire 5th season of friends. it was great. then we went for pizza and go karting. the go kart track was so sketchy i thought i was gonna die and heathers go kart died on the first lap so the guy had to push a new one over it was so funny.
yesterday after class me and heather rented a 2 person kayak and kayaked out to the island which is pretty damn far and carlos swam beside us. its the same island we took the catamaran too and i forgot how nice it was. were planning on taking a boat out there this weekend and camping which would be really fun. there is a few people who live out there which was really cool and they even gave us some water because me and heather looked like we were going to die. anyways, so then we kayaked back and heather was a bum so carlos had to get on and paddle with me. then we proceeded to flip the kayak which was super funny. i'm not really sure how it happened but it was fun. then we finally got close to shore and carlos was like LEAN BACK and we started to ride the wave in to shore but we definately got stuck in it and it flipped us again....it was even more amusing the second time. the best part though was once we got to shore. we ended up about 6 blocks down from where we rented the kayak so we had to carry it but carlos was determined to do it by himself. at first me and ehather were trying to help but we couldn't get balance so it kept falling over and so did we and carlos was getting annoyed but we were laughing so hard it didn't even matter. then we heard cheering and looked up and we were in front of this hotel construction and there was 3 construction workers clapping and point and laughing at us. me and heather just waved and carlos was like just go i'll get it. so were like fine.....and walk away and then look back a minute later and he's falling over with the kayak on his head. it was so damn funny....i felt as though i should have paid him for the entertainment. anyways, so it started pouring as we were walking along the beach to the rental store which made it all even better but we finally made it. then we got our homework and went to carlos' and did some spanish and then fell asleep. it was a great day.
well thats about it for now. not much planned for this week. i need to get a new phone today though because mine is not working anymore which sucks but really it was only 30 bucks and its pretty crappy so i can handle it. tomorrow i am going to church at the big cathedral in old mazatlan which is relaly pretty. it will be in spanish so i probably won't get it at all but i'm still gonna check it out. hopefully this weekend we can get over to the island for camping because we've been planing it for so long.
oh and i posted up some more pictures on facebook. and you don't need to be a student to joins anymore so everyone got to www.facebook.com and sign up and add me as a friend. or just go to these links for my new albums......i will add more later this week too.

http://ucalgary.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006439&id=120602662&l=43b6d

http://ucalgary.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006644&id=120602662&l=61032

bye for now.
sarah

Advertisement



1st October 2006

hola hermana
que passa chica??? i love ya

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb