Only 3 weeks left!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
June 10th 2007
Published: June 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have been over a week in Mexico already and the end of our trip is near! We first spent a few days in Palenque as Em couldn´t cross through Belize without a Visa. Not always good to have an Austrian passport! Anyway, we visited the ruins in Palenque but we decided not to bore you with more pics of Maya ruins. However, we saw this fantastic green snake when we were going from ruin to ruin. FRom Palenque we went straight to Tulum on the sea and we have been here since. It is very nice and laid back - we stay in a small hut on the beach and there is little infrastructure. This means that we do a lot of BBQ´s and shopping in the town. As it is low season the beach is empty and during the night there is a lot of rain. In the camp are 2 other Austrians and an Argentinian couple and we cook a lot together. Besides that Em started to update her CV and look for a new job with mixed feelings. It is weird to start thinking about London, looking for a flat, a job etc., but we are looking forward to seeing freinds and family.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th June 2007

hi, looking forward to seeing you guys again, though that means your travel will be overs soon. i want to visit london as soon as possible, but before that i´ll be having double fun in werchter to make up for your missing! have a great time ;) nicki
11th June 2007

time is running
hi there time is flying cnt believe you have only 3 weeks to go - and then think about us... I got totally used to those gorgeous pics of whhite sand beaches every week!! time to plan a visit in london and thanks a million for dragging around a hammok! what about slow shipping - cant be so expensive? anyway enjoy your last weeks! ( still more than a normal 9-5 slave ever can take in a row..) : )
12th June 2007

HI
Hi, was like more than 10 years ago in both Palenque and Tulum. When we were in Tulum at that time there was basically not a lot there but the ruins of the temple and one restaurant. But I remember the most wonderfull blue water there. Looking forward to your stories.
13th June 2007

Hey there! Amazing!!! Where are you staying in Tulum? Was ther three years ago staying in a lovely cabana next to the sea - I loved it. Look forward seeing you soon!!! x doris

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb