Waterpark & Private Beach Club


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness and shenanigans.

I can vouch for the fact the above statement is so true!!!! Lots of shenanigans!!! (Very little alcohol...hahahaha)

Other than relaxing on the beach and eating good food and sharing good company, we've just overall been enjoying our girls' trip. Lots of laughs and lounging. The condo allows for everyone to have their own space whether in the condo itself, or at the pool, on the beach or walking around town.

Sunday we did enjoy beach BBQ and the food was excellent. We sat there for hours feeling the breeze sitting under the palm trees. The beach club was having a wedding, so we stuck around to see it. The bride was beautiful, and the beach side setting beautifully decorated. It reminded me of our beach wedding here especially since it was the same female minister that married us . She told Al, "Go in for the KEEEES (kiss) Al"...She was very entertaining.

Monday was a day of complete R&R and some shopping. Tuesday we geared up for our big day to Xel-Ha Waterpark. It is SO gorgeous and we never get sick of going there. We took the safari caboose up to the lazy river and tubed down through the mangroves and the clear limestone water. The girls jumped off the cliff with no fear at all. (This is a regulated place with a lifeguard on duty!) Next up was the zip lining into the water with the kids. SO much fun. There are 5 restaurants there and all your food & drink (even alcohol) is included!). I enjoyed the spa there; a one hour massage in a quiet setting with waterfalls and soothing music. We love floating in the lagoons and lying on the hammocks and repeat eating at the fabulous restaurants. Ahhhh t talk about a place that everybody is walking around with a smile 😉

Xel-Ha Water Park is also a known place for snorkeling where you can find 70 recorded species of freshwater as well as seawater fish including surgeonfish, parrotfish, yellowtails, jackfish, grunts, sergeant majors, snappers, stingrays, bonefish, doctorfish, chubs, and also barracuda. Snorkeling is free; you just leave a deposit on your credit card and it is returned to you after. It includes lockers, showers, lifejackets etc. Talk about a well run place. The ladies really loved it. What a fantastic day. Two little people fell asleep in the back of the van on the way home (and no, it was not Sue & Maureen!)

Weds we all wanted to do different things. I've wanted to go to the beaches of Puerto Morelos which is a little beach town nestled between Cancun and Playa. I had looked at a few beach clubs and decided we'd to to Acamaya Reef Club. We took a cab and were there within 25 minutes.

It was a fantastic decision. This little rustic beach club is nestled between 2 big resorts. Dreams and Excellence. But we might as well have been miles away from the resorts. The beach out front was quiet and beautiful to swim in. The ocean was very calm. The beach club was run by 2 people with a small kitchen and bar. The music was great; reggae and chill lounging music. We were the ONLY ones there 😊 The margaritas were some of the best I've ever had, and we enjoyed chicken wings and some of the best hamburgers we've also ever enjoyed. Because we were next door to a resort, we were told if we wanted to take out a kayak or a wind surfer to just simply offer the beach person a "tip". So for $5 we got to take out the kayaks; the 2 seater ones too. It was so much fun being out on the water, kayaking around with the girls. You can also take out windsurfers and small sailboats. We had the best day ever...it was so quiet and peaceful. We will be back!

Yesterday we enjoyed a big breakfast followed by massages & pedicures. Talk about the royal treatment! We followed up with drinks on a rooftop restaurant overlooking the ocean. Unfortunately while at this rooftop restaurant with pool & Jacuzzi, an older man slipped on the pool stairs and broke his leg. The paramedics were called, but it was upsetting to see. He did not look in the best of health to begin with. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone hurt here 😞

Amazing day followed by dinner at an Italian Restaurant. (I am sure our husbands are reading this with envy. 😉 There are a lot of stories I 'could' share, but you know that old saying, "what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas er Playa).

The pics are much more informative.

It's been a wonderful amazing restful vacation from the very moment Al & I got off the plane on June 27th. And we have had one day of rain only. This is how reliable Playa tends to be in the summer.

I have loved every moment (with the exception of the kids being sick). That I did not enjoy so much. Being with family and close friends has been a gift.

We've got another night here so we want to fully enjoy our day. We are going to the end of town to a Latin 50s style beach club for lunch. It's pretty cool.

Here's to many more trips here with family and friends. Love to all, Sal and the gang...(PS lots of pics below)

May your joys be as deep as the oceans

Your troubles as light as its foam

And may you find sweet peace of mind

Wherever you may roam

~ Irish Blessing


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1148s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb