The end of travelling and the beginning of 'vacation'


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We know its been a while since the last entry we've been getting lazy! We got to Tulum late on 9th and went straight to bed. The next day we went and saw some more Mayan ruins, this time they overlooked the Caribbean ocean and were very impressive. We spent the afternoon on the perfect white sandy beach and in the crystal clear turquoise water. We then had a night out in Tulum which was a quiet town that we (with other Europeans) made lively.

On the 11th we moved onto Playa del Carmen which was only about an hour up the road. It was much more touristy and signalled the end to our 'travelling' and the beginning of our 'vacation' (lots of Americans here!) We spent the days on the beach and the nights in the clubs. We saw in Dan's 20th in a club on the beach called Blue Parrot which was pretty special. On our last day here we went snorkelling in some local cenotes (google it) which were incredible. We spent most of the day exploring underground caves and freshwater lagoons which we had all to ourselves - although we did lose a certain degree of masculinity in that we were the only snorkellers in a group of 10 scuba divers!
We ran into a group of about 10 people we met along the way on the last night and spent an amazing night in the Blue Parrot once again! The next morning we left for Cancun and thats the holiday changed a bit.............

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb