Playa del carmen


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

ADOADOADO

Our last trip on the ADO
27 February - 5 March

Seems like a long time to spend in such a touristy place but all will become clear!!

27 February

We arrived in Playa after a long day travelling, left Caye Caulker by boat at 6.30am with all the high school kids! Then more chicken buses which even took us across the border! (we had to get off go into a hall without our bags and exit Belize then back on the bus for 5 minutes get off with all our bags enter Mexico go through a check point system and then back on the bus to Chetumal. Then we were back on the cold ADOs but we were prepared this time layers at the ready!! We arrived in Playa del Carmen at 4pm and after a 20minute walk we were at our hotel, it was lovely! Cold beers and rooms were distributed and off we went to eat!!

If you go to playa del carmen on a budget, remember not to eat on the main street 5th avenue, it cost us a fortune, but it was a nice meal at a seafood restaurant but that was the end of our might as we hadno money left!! Also be careful with the bills 2 or 3 places we went to added somewhere between 20 - 30% tip onto the bill even though it says only 10% is added on menus and receipt.

28 February
This was a day for relaxing and chilling out on the beach, it was lovely, not the hottest day though but we did have a dip in the sea!! Dinner was at an asian place called Babes, good food, good cocktails! More drinks at the bar at our hotel La Rana Cansada.

29th February
After our day of rest we decided to be a bit more active to head off to Tulum our final Mayan ruin site. This site is by the sea so completely different from any of the other sites in terms of scenery. The ruins themselves were not quite as impressive as Palenque or Tikal but there were some great iguanas and wildlife to see, and it got us out of playa for a bit!! This was our final night as a group on the trip, so tequilla was bound to happen at some point. Firstly though we went to a really nice Mexican
La Rana CansadaLa Rana CansadaLa Rana Cansada

Our Hotel in Playa
restaurant to eat and it was great to have some final photos! La rana cansada was our place of choice for tequilla! I have no idea how some people got up for flights the next day, i'm glad we didn't have to anyway!!

1st - 5th March
This was just some time for us to get sorted for the next phase of our trip, catch up on some sun and catch up on the emails/boring stuff!! Also Dan had his birthday on the 4th which we spent a day at the beach with a picnic and a few beers.

We have both really enjoyed our time here in central America and we have loved the G.A.P tour, the people, the route, the countries we visited! It was all fantastic! We both would go back to all countries in an instant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

CactusCactus
Cactus

Dan being arty
ChucmalChucmal
Chucmal

(not sure how to spell it!!!!)


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb