The Riviera of Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
August 13th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After our incredible time on Isla Mujeres, we traveled next to Playa del Carmen. We once again, traveled by ferry boat to Puerto Juarez where we hopped in a cab to the Cancun bus terminal. With our great luck again, we were able to board a bus as soon as we arrived to Playa del Carmen. It was approx. 1 hour by bus to the very centrally located bus station of Playa del Carmen.

Upon arrival to Playa del Carmen we searched for a hotel...actually it wasn't very difficult because the first place we saw, Hotel Cielo, had a room for us. For the location, this place was a steal. We were just one block from the beach, 3 blocks from the bus station and on the main pedestrian street where everything happens in Playa del Carman. Sometimes its better not to plan.

We did look for another hotel because we felt this was a bit pricey, but soon we realized, as I mentioned that this place was a steal. We would call Hotel Cielo home for the next three nights!!! Another recommendation for those traveling to Playa del Carmen.

The beaches here are clean with soft white sand and turquoise bath water. And the waves are just right to safely play in. Yes, this is a tourist area, but the beaches are not saturated with tourists, it was actually really comfortable with the right amount of people. There is also a great deal of beach unlike some locations.

Playa del Carmen has everything a traveler needs. The beaches are incredible along with the restaurants and shopping. The night life can be compared to South Beach, but less expensive. The international flavor is so strong that you have to remind yourself that you are actually in Mexico.

For your next beach getaway, add Playa del Carmen to your itinerary.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

CevicheCeviche
Ceviche

Okay, so it wasn't as good nor as cheap as what we ate on Isla Mujeres, but it was still good, c'mon...we're in Mexico!!!
A Romantic Dinner for Two A Romantic Dinner for Two
A Romantic Dinner for Two

Most of the restaurants and bars are all palapa's, thatched roofs, which perfectly sets the scene for the very unique and charming city, which happens to be the fastest growing in the world.
How Random?How Random?
How Random?

We were walking through the city the day we arrived and ran into Carlos' friend, Jimmy, and his girlfriend.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb