Maya History at Kohlinch


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Mahahual
December 19th 2016
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.7828, -87.675

Our meeting time was 7:50 am so breakfast was in Cabana's at 7.

We met in the Promenade lounge where we found out again that we were the only people who were going to be on our tour. There was another group doing the same tour but we had booked an Adults Only excursion so we lucked out.

We me out guide Diana who took us to Kohulinch ruins.

The ride in our van was about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Kohulinch is a relatively new restoration which began in the 60s. It was a large city and we were only able to visit a small part of it.

We learned a great amount of history about Mayan culture and the people who lived in these cities. We even got to climb to the top of the temples and the palaces.

On the ride back, we got a sack lunch of ham sandwich, chips, banana, juice box and candy bar and most of us slept.

We were dropped off just in time for our all aboard time of 2:30.We all cleaned up and then Nikki and I went and saw Mickey Mouse before heading to Azure for the Gold and Platinum Castaway Club Party.

Dinner was in Triton's tonight. After dinner we were able to walk before going to the Walt Disney Theater to watch Moana.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb