Don't leave us!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
November 4th 2009
Published: March 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

(3rd & 4th stops on the cruise)

The ship next brought us to Key West, Florida for Fantasy Fest (www.fantasyfest.net). Fantasy Fest is a huge celebration during Halloween that entails parades, huge parties on the streets, costumes and LOTS of body paint and nudity. It's like a giant adult playground! We even got to meet Ron Jeremy. If you don't know who he is, you probably don't want to look him up, especially if you are faint of heart. After spending one day and two nights of partying on the streets of Key West, we spent one glorious day at sea giving both our feet and kidneys a break. We woke the next morning to disembark in Cozumel, Mexico which is a small island near Cancun. We all ended up splitting up that day and Spyce & I ventured out together. Not wanting to spend a ridiculous amount of cash on a cab we opted to walk into town. After hoofing it for about 10 minutes in the humid air, we decided to hitch hike and got picked up rather quickly by a guy from India who now lives in Cozumel and spoke Spanish and English. In town, we wandered some of the shops where everything was ridiculously overpriced (seriously, the same stuff was cheaper when we were in Florida!) so we started scouring the car rental places for a reasonable deal. When we finally found one, we paid the money and hopped into the crappiest rental car I've ever seen. However, this old VW beetle had 4 tires & an engine that worked, so we couldn't ask for much more. We opted to just drive the circumference of the island seeing as though it's not very big. We weren't really sure of the time because the boat was on a different time than Cozumel and we almost missed the boat! We actually had to RUN down the pier, only to find they were paging our names onboard and were about to leave us behind! That could have led to a very funny & shitty story. The next day was another lazy day at sea, before we headed back to reality, school and work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

on the shipon the ship
on the ship

jenn, me & tiff
Living Art Airbrush ExpoLiving Art Airbrush Expo
Living Art Airbrush Expo

an example of the artwork
Key WestKey West
Key West

this guy said it took him HOURS to glue those diamonds on!
Key WestKey West
Key West

me, Spyce, Jenn, Tiff & Tara
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

This is where we were attacked by a thousand mosquitos!
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

some random dirt road we drove down
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

We were SO mature with our sand sculpting skills
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

we seemed to see penis everywhere on this trip!
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

our hooptie for the day
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

water spout
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

display for Dia de los Muertos


2nd April 2010

Penis trip
Gotta say, I got a kick of the "art" you found.

Tot: 0.431s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb