Cozumel - Paradise at last!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
February 19th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We finally found paradise in Mexico! Cozumel is what we were looking for in a beach vacation but hadn´t known it. The main square around the ferry terminal is just the same as 5th ave in Playa - crowded with tourists and vendors, but we went towards the south part of the island - about half way down the coast road - to a little place called Playa Corona. You will see from the pictures that it is not a beautiful white sand beach - instead it is rocky and full of coral. There is a little beach bar that has tables, beers and snacks, and you can leave your stuff on the tables while you are in the water. Because the coral is so close to the shore, people come here to snorkle. At the most crowded, there were maybe a dozen people there. It was absolutely wonderful! No vendors, no crowds, a beer whenever you were ready but no pressure. Once we got our gear on and got into the water, we knew that this was really the best thing ever! The fish all crowded around us, curious and not afraid at all. We had a dry muffin, and they went crazy! They would eat right out of your hand. In fact, one of them tried to take a bit of Steve´s finger! A couple of times, a big one took a nibble from my arm or leg. It was not scarey - more funny than anything. Once we got to the coral formations, a whole new world opened up. It was the best day here so far! I think I want to stay here for a really long time.......... 😊 It was just like in the Jaques Cousteau shows....incredible! We tried to put a video clip on here but it didn't work, but have a look at the pictures. See if you can see the flounder laying flat on the bottom trying to hide. It was just a wonderful day! Today, we are off to Tulum for 5 days. Not sure if there will be internet there or not - if there is, I will post more pictures in a couple of days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb