Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
February 8th 2015
Published: February 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Good flight to Cancun, landed early. Got through customs quickly with a green light so no luggage check. We were on the bus to downtown Cancuun ten minutes before we should have landed. ADO Autobus tickets were $5 each, and the bus left just after we got on. Good connection!

We had reservations at our hotel, Hostel Mundo Jovan on Avenita Uxmal, just a couple blocks from the bus depot. Nice bright, colorful room with A/C and super-fast Internet. Bob was the tour guide and we were off on a walk around the area. First stop was the park Parque Palapas. Lots of food stands along the edge, many tables. Bob found this area written up online when planning our trip. We were entertained by a guitarist and an accordionist. Lots of pigeons, a kid's playground, and cute little cars to rent for the kids. Great food! Six tacos, two drinks, and lots of veggies for under $5.

Continued to check out the area. Very colorful cement structures, blues, yellows, greens. Found the tourism agency on Coba, but unfortunately closed on Sunday! Several parks with lovely greenery, many tourist shops.

Checked out the roof of the hotel. A good view, reggae music, a bar, hot tub, a lounge area, library exchange, and hammocks for Bob! Checked out Parque Palapes again at night. Very crowded, not a free table in sight. The church across from the park was packed, with crowds on the sidewalk. Sunday night is definitely the time to be out and about with the family in Cancuun.

The traffic here is nasty, glad we're not driving. We got quesadillas at Tierra del Sol, a restaurant just opposite the park. Very good! Lots of activity in the park at night. Rides for the kiddies, bouncy toys, lots of artists' stalls, art activities for the children. There was a large stage with a colorful musical performance. Went back to the hotel roof in the evening for a drink. Bob bought a Negro Modello here, but he was complaining that he had to pay over $2! (He told me to write that!) The potted palm trees around the hot tub are lit up at night. Very peaceful. But we are definitely older than the average clientele.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb