Cancun


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
April 17th 2012
Published: April 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cancun to Tulum


CancunCancunCancun

1st day
With a year or more ahead of us, we're in no hurry to race to the local tourist attractions, temples, beaches or must see sites. In fact we found ourselves in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Strip inside a Starbuck's not so much for the drinks but for the Wifi. And on our inaugral day the first crisis struck. Coming out of her backpack, Amei's Air Book was hotter than a habenero chili. Worse, the screen was blank and pushing the power button did nothing. Could it be that her brand new Apple computer was now fried before our trip got going. Utilizing my IPad searching for Apple stores in Cancun, there are none, but there is an I Store that is similar, we had hope. In the meantime, the computer had cooled, restarted and seemed to be back to normal. Crisis averted. So let's get the hell out of Starbucks and hit the beach where no computers are needed.

A walk along pearly white sandy beaches, through opulent hotel lobbies and around swim up bars swarmed by sunburnt vacationers, was our sightseeing for the day. More enjoyable was discovering a local night market selling corn on the cob for
CancunCancunCancun

the beach
one US dollar, three pork tacos for a $1.25 and and natural drinks for less than a buck. Dinner had arrived.

We arrived back at our hotel with a first day complete. One computer crisis averted and oh no, where the hell is my wallet. Second crisis strikes on the first day. Ruffling through my pants, backpack, turning over blankets on my bed, my blood pressure was rising as fast as the humidity in the tropics. Amei, never one to be distracted from her computer, rose up as if she instantly reverted to a hunter gatherer. Her instincts were welcomed, for she found the stray wallet hiding in my shorts. Crisis two averted, blood pressure decreasing, life good again and thank god I don't have to call credit card companies.

Advertisement



26th April 2012
Cancun

the place looks preatty
you guys looks very nice and happy we are good i hope still earing from you all my family said hi, your hous nlook ok dont worry ricardo
26th April 2012
Cancun

Great to hear from you
Hi Ricardo & Sylvia, Great to hear from you and we hope all is well with you and the family. Apparently the house hasn't burned down or I'm sure you would have mentioned it. Have a wonderful year, enjoy the figs without us and take care.

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb