Cancun - last day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
March 1st 2009
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We hopped an early bus bound for Cancun, stopping in Playa del Carmen to stroll the busy and touristy 5th avenue for the last time. It doesn't seem so horrible now, as we are accustomed to the vendors and hawkers and just ignore them. My Spanish is better now too, so I feel comfortable looking in stores and telling them I don't want what they have without feeling afraid or intimidated. They really are agressive though. The crowds aren't too bad in the morning. We are trying to savor every last moment we have here. In Cancun, the hotel has screwed up our reservation, so we don't stay where we had planned. They sent us to their sister resort - and we spend what is left of our last day here at a fancy expensive all-inclusive......the kind we have been avoiding the whole trip. We planned to eat and drink our faces off - to pay for the outrageous cost of the place, but I am just too tired to make a good effort. We have a nice meal though, and have a few tequila shots while the sun goes down. The room we have faces out over the lagoon on hotel strip in Cancun.....it looks very picturesque. After spending the last 3 1/2 weeks travelling through Mexico, we realize that this is like a hollywood version of Mexico. Looks nice on the outside - but it isn't real. Our room has a huge jacuzzi on the veranda, and after trying to share the hot tub downstairs with a few drunks, we retire to our own private tub. There was even bubble bath provided. Next day, we walk the beach for the last time, running our toes though the soft sand. We are really going to miss this. A long day of travel is ahead, and it turns out to be -20 celsius when we arrive back home - at about 1a.m. It feels horrible......why in the world did people settle in this cold land anyway? We are already planning next year's trip....


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

View from our balconyView from our balcony
View from our balcony

This is the only "Mexico" that some people ever see...the Hollywood version


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb