greetings from the carribean


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
January 23rd 2006
Published: January 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

ok guys, its me ty. first off, wish you were here. the more the merrier in this place. we met today with sabina, our ceremony priestess, shes nice. with the help of tiffany the wedding planner, sabina the high priestess of isla mujeres, and the friends and family we have with us here, this wedding of ours will be fantastic. so enough of the mushy stuff, theres lots of time for that later. ill cover a few highlights that stick out for me so far. has anyone out there had the pleasure of driving in a major american city during rush hour? i know my dad has, man you gotta be on yer game. seattle and their 6 lane highways, good lord. uh, ill skip over the airports and the waiting and that boring stuff ( except to say that bush intercontinental airport in huston is pretty massive, and if they decide to change departure gates on you at the last minute, you should just go ahead and rent a golf cart!) because it seems like a hundred years ago. on with the here and now. lisas mantra here is "I dont care". Ill explain. lets say youre sitting on the patio of a nice little resteraunt on hidalgo ave around noon time, eating fajitas, drinking corona, and talking with youre friends about weather to go to the beach again today, or do some shopping, or maybe take the scooter for a ride around the island, then someone will say, "whaddya wanna do for dinner tonight?" or "what time is that meeting with that lady tomorrow? or " was that a raindrop?".....

"i dont care" is the only answer we can come up with.


weve seen unbelievable beauty here as well as heartwrenching poverty. the damage from the hurricane that hit here mere months ago is still like a fresh wound in some places. we in canada live in a paradise of sorts i think. but as far as tropical paradise goes, isla mujeres is paradise. l truly wish you were here. the people, the shops, the beaches, the life down here is freakin addictive, and lisa and i have sworn on our mothers eyes that were coming back as soon as we can! and bringing haley. theres lots of kids running around here. and since both our mothers are still kickin, we had better keep our promise. 😉 some other highlites(the first ones were in the "I dont care" explanation) are a live big honkin iguana, debbie smuggling cigarettes into mexico, she had our cigs in her bag as we had no room in ours, so the customs ladies who were searching debbies bags( when she pushed the big red button, the light lit up so they pulled her out of the line to interrogate her, much to debbies dismay) in cancun airport kept pulling out these big cartons of cigs from debbies bags. it didnt look good for old deb, red faced and terrified she was to end up in a jailcell to rot forever, she pointed to us standing on the safe side of customs and said theyre theirs, theyre theirs too! lisa and i started looking at the cieling and whistling and shuffling our feet and stuff, who us? we dont know her...
no once she said they were ours they put them back and she was free to go, but man, the look on the customs agents face as shes pulling out carton after carton and looking at debbie and shaking her head. man it was priceless. last night at a busy out door resteraunt on the beach called picus, we had all 11 of us who are here now at a big table ready to order, when a big truck went by on the street and pulled down the power line to picus! pitch black. hilarity ensued, but the staff recovered quickly enough to save dinner and we all have another funny mexico story. anyway, wish you were here. we´re gonna go..... (see the "i dont care" story and fill in the blank.)


love you guys T.

Advertisement



24th January 2006

LMFAO
That was a good read - enough said.
24th January 2006

Yup - I know the "I don't care" thing - that's why I go there .... it's so different from normal life once you just let it happen and thanks to differences you've not much choice - and really isn't that how it should be .... good to hear you're liking it ... good thinking on the cigs too .... you can only get american there though they are cheap - thanks for the blogs - look forward to more .... it's how I like to fill the hot spot in the afternoon

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb