Tv addict


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
September 9th 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 341 - Friday 5 September

After getting a lot of sun exposure yesterday I decided against going to the beach today. There isn´t however much to do in Cancun apart from the beach unless your willing to spend a load of money. So most of the day was spent reading my book or playing on the PSP.

When boredem did strike early evening we hit the internet to book our vegas accommodation. Its cheaper for us to stay in a casino on the strip rather than get a hostel outside. We also went down one of the local pubs but its not really happening tonight.

Day 342 - Saturday 6 September

Its a big sporting day today with lots of sports to watch on the tv. I decided to have another day away from the sun and stayed in to watch the tv instead.

First up was the tennis. I´d got up mid morning and was just in time to watch Andy Murray start his game against Nadal. Unfortunatly with the rain ending the game early we couldn´t see it through and then insted of th Englnd game we got Austria v France. After that I watched Mexicos world cup qualifier against Jamaica. (The Mexicans seem to think sven is dong a good job), before finally the England game was shown.

With it being our last weekend in a Latino country we went out one last time to a local club to hear all the latino classics we come to know over the past five and a half months. Its bit sad to leave it all behind.

Day 343 - Sunday 7 September

Despite a late night I hadn´t got that drunk so was up reasonably early. Unfortunately now that i´ve decided to return to the beach its cloudy and looks like it might rain. Typical.

It did indeed rain so instead of the beach I went to the launderette to do my washing. I just managed to get it all done in time before Andy Murrays semi final match resumed. I can´t believe he beat nadal, now i´ll have to watch the final tomorrow afternoon insted of going down the beach.

Russ has a date with a gay guy from one of the rooms upstairs so rather than join them I left him to it and spent the evening reading my book and playing on the PSP.

Day 344 - Monday 8 September

I´ve seen so many old ruins and temples that they´re starting to bore me now. So whilst Russ went off to look at the ruins at Chichen-Itza, I decided to save the money and went to the beach.

Its another absolutely boiling hot day and after an hour I had to head back. Obviously soon I´m going to regret this but after all the recent hot days it will be nice to return to the cold and rain of England. I´d hate to have to work out here.

After escaping the mid day sun and passing aother hour doing my emails I went down the pub to watch the US open tennis final between Roger Federer and Andy Murray. Its my last night in Cancun but by the time I´d got something to eat, packed up and called Yolanda it was time for bed.

Day 345 - Tuesday 9 September

I quite like the beach at Cancun so was hoping to pop down there for a couple of hours in the morning before my bus leaves this afternoon. Unfortuantely it looks like is going to rain soon so I had to abandon the plans. Instead I loaded some photos on the internet and played on the PSP.

At 2:30 pm we boared the bus that would take us to Veracuz, about halfway to the American border.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb