Day 3 at the Resort


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
July 12th 2022
Published: July 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

It was a late night so the 7:00 room service loud buzzer this morning was not enjoyable. We have a standing order of coffee, greek yogurt, bananas, and juice so they will come at 7:00 every morning, which we now realize is probably a good time to stop that. Thankfully Tory was able to fall back asleep and Steve went out to the patio to read his book. It was windy the whole day and some overcast in the morning, but the humidity made it feel warm. After some chatting on the patio of the room, we went out to the main pool and did a spin class. It was not your ordinary spin class, as the bikes were submerged underwater yet still was a good way to get a workout in while on vacation. It was more comfortable back in the room so we headed back for some relaxing, swimming, and reading time.




We wanted to try going to the other circle pool at the resort and stopped over there for a tasty lunch at a 2nd level restaurant above the pool that had a really nice view of the beach. Steve ate some delicious fish tacos that

had battered squid, cod, and octopus in it, while Tory had tacos with pastor. Instead of lounging by the pool, we decided to go down to the beach for the afternoon and lay in a cabana. The water looked alluring to take a swim and we quickly found out that it was very warm and salty as we took a dip in the Gulf of Mexico. Steve napped back in the cabana but then there were ants around that started to annoy so we went back to the room to swim in our pool instead. As Tory did some reading, Steve wanted to try going to the organized basketball tournament that afternoon that became a dud since nobody showed up. Instead, he went for a workout at the gym and booked some spa relaxing hydrotherapy on Thursday for both of them. After cleaning up for dinner, we went to the Mexican Steakhouse this night and enjoyed some really good shrimp appetizers plus a NY Steak for dinner. It was a long day and tomorrow was going to be an all-day excursion out to Tulum so instead of staying up for the entertainment (magic show) for the night, we decided to go back to the room early and relax.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb