Favorable exchange rate


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Akumal
February 28th 2009
Published: February 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

During our previous trips we never took the time to exchange our USD for pesos since the exchange rate was running 10 pesos to 1 USD. We always found it easy to convert prices back and forth simply by moving the decimal placement. Well, in getting ready for this trip, it has become evident that exchanging usd for pesos is a much better deal. The exchange rate is about 15 pesos to 1 USD when I checked today. I decided to purchase pesos a couple of weeks ago after reading that the Mexican Govt. was going to be buying up currency to lower the exchange rate(increase the value of the peso) but it looks like that hasn't happened. Still got a decent deal at just under 14 pesos to 1 USD. This will make our trip even more affordable. This trip is turning out to be our cheapest trip to Mexico yet and is costing us less than it would to drive to Sanibel Island or Siesta Key and rent a condo on the beach.

It pays to shop around different sources for ordering your currency. I found that AAA has a good exchange rate and low fees, better that at the bank I work at. Turn around time is fast also, once you place your order they have it shipped out right away. Had my pesos within 48 hours of placing the order.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb